Seiten

22 May 2012

MMM 2012: week 3

Another week of MeMadeMay is awaiting you. At the beginning I wasn’t sure if I were going to make it through the whole month, but now this is fun and I am confident to achieve my aim.
We are starting with a ruffled scarf made out of scraps, four stripes with an elastic in between and you are done.

This wrap shirt is a proof that there is definitely a need for a fabric stash. I found this remnant on a former fabric market visit with no idea what to do with it. It’s wool (blend? Judging from the smell after washing it has a high wool content) single knit with a lot of stretch. Only a few days later the postman delivered the new burda style issue and there it was, the perfect fit. I couldn’t squeeze the sleeves in one piece out of my remnant, hence I added cuffs to them and now it’s one of my favourite pieces.

Now one piece I have already shown you last week, but now in a red’n’blue overkill combination, there is never enough red’blue in my life. Honestly, I’d love to live in a Tommy Hilfiger ad.

The next shirt is just altered by me.  Originally this was bought to use up the fabric, but I didn’t have the heart to cut into a pristine shirt.  I’ve taken in the sleeves and ruffled the bottom part of this slightly oversized shirt, but so far I’m not completely satisfied with the fit and might alter it a bit more. I’m thinking something with the neckline.
 
Have you ever heard of Victory Patterns? It’s really worth a look. These patterns were introduced to me through Tilly’s ‘A day in the life of…’ series. There came a discount with the post, so I grabbed Chloe and Lola. I’ve still no idea who is Chloe, but meet Lola:
 
And remember the week started with a scarf and last week started with a hat? Suddenly summer has arrived (I’m talking 25 °C and more) and it became time for a maxi skirt. I made this following this tutorial in one afternoon. Everything you need to know for this, is your hip measurement (yeah, that can be scary, but as a sewer you’re getting used to things like this, and only honesty will result in a good fit) and the distance waist floor, that’s it. I’ve already plans for another version, but this time with panels getting longer from top to bottom. Next Monday is a public holiday, we will see…
Ten more days to go, I hope I'm prepared for the on-going heat wave.
Thanks for stopping by,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment